This is the first comprehensive study of the life and work of bartolomeo cristofori the paduan born harpsichord maker and contemporary of antonio stradivari who is credited with having invented the pianoforte around the year 1700 while working in the medici court in florence. Bartolomeo cristofori was an italian instrument maker who is widely credited to be the inventor of the piano nothing detailed is known about the circumstances surrounding his birth life or career we know that he was born in padua italy on may 4 1655 but nothing of his parents or education. The first true piano was invented almost entirely by one man bartolomeo cristofori 1655 1731 of padua who had been appointed in 1688 to the florentine court of grand prince ferdinando de medici to care for its harpsichords and eventually for its entire collection of musical instruments
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.