Pericles born c 495 bce athens died 429 athens athenian statesman largely responsible for the full development in the later 5th century bce of both the athenian democracy and the athenian empire making athens the political and cultural focus of greece his achievements included the construction of the acropolis begun in 447. Pericles l 495 429 bce was a prominent greek statesman orator and general during the golden age of athensthe period in which he led athens in fact has been called the age of pericles due to his influence not only on his citys fortunes but on the whole of greek history during the 5th century bce and even after his deathhe was a fierce proponent of democracy although the form this
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.